Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goings-on-matron

Oh wow, an update!

Movies!
-Hey kids, can't afford the good drugs? Go see Speed Racer! I guarentee that after watching two hours straight of images thatwontfuckingstaystill you won't be able to walk straight. For serious. I recommend focusing on Matthew Fox for the duration of the film. There is something oddly soothing about his head-to-toe black leather ensemble.

-Did you enjoy Billy Elliot? Me too! I get a kick out of precocious British kids doing wacky things. That's why I vaguely enjoyed Son of Rambow which is currently playing at Kendall Square Cinema. It isn't a masterpiece, and I doubt I'll still remember much about in a few weeks, but it is a good way to kill an afternoon. Also, I've now added the slang term "skills" to my vocabulary. It might even replace "boss".

-There's a new Narnia movie coming out on Friday! Skills!

Concerts!
-I saw Death Cab For Cutie at the TD BankNorth Pavillion on Saturday. They played a few songs from Narrow Stairs which came out on Tuesday (it is really swell). They also played a few tracks off of Transatlanticism which is easily one of my most favorite albums of ALL TIME. The show was about an hour and a half and I'm going to go ahead and rank it right up there with the Eels show I saw earlier this year.
You should really read this AV Club feature that popped up today. Good shtuff.

-I got free tickets to the Symphony last night (skills!) and saw Garrison Keillor. It was really swell. That's pretty much the best way to describe it. My guest and I were probably the youngest people there, and I'll guarentee you I was the only one with visible tattoos. A good time was had by all though. Nothing really beats the one-two punch of old-time folksy story-telling and one of the worlds greatest orchestras playing in a historic landmark. Can't wait to see the Pops play with Amanda Palmer next month. It will probably be one of the most bizarre evenings of my life. If I go.

Oh yeah, this post was brought to you by Enviga. Can you tell?

No comments: