Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Media Tuesday: Radiohead, Sunshine. Goldfrapp

Don't count on me to make a habit out of this because I don't actually buy CDs and DVDs every Tuesday BUT: I just picked up In Rainbows at Newbury Comics and got a free drinking glass. Which is great because I don't have a lot of cups.

The packaging for In Rainbows is sort of like a folio with a sleeve for the actual disc that reminds me of what CD singles used to come in. There are some glossy inserts as well that I assume are meant to be used in a jewel case (not included). They even have instructions for how to adhere them to a jewel case. I guess. Interesting. Definately not the disc box to be certain, but certainly amusing.

I've yet to watch or even read the back of Sunshine, but I assume it will be pretty rad. I already have ideas for a tribute video set to Muse's "Starlight". Seriously, think about it. It works creepily well. Or, someone else could just make it for me and link to it here... I'll give you a veggie dog.

Finally, the music blogs are abuzz with opinions on Goldfrapp's new single and video for "A&E". The video (sorry kids, embedding is disabled) is certainly adorable, but the song ain't no "Ooh La La":


And, in local WTF news: The ABP in Brattle Square is no more. Not that I'm a huge fan of ABP, but it was right near my Tues/Sun job and was reliably quick. Today I was forced to finagle a bagel, and my stomach has been hating me ever since.

No comments: